Clean and dry the affected area thoroughly, gently apply the gel using clean hands, do not massage. Savlon Advanced Healing Gel can be applied once or twice a day. If required cover the wound with a bandage or plaster. Store in a cool dry place and in original packaging. Do not use on extensive weeping or infected wounds unless recommended by your doctor. If necessary, cover the wounds with a plaster or dressing and change daily. Do not use after the expiry date shown on the end of the tube. If symptoms persist, please consult your GP.
Savlon Advanced Healing Gel’s hydro-active colloid formulation can quickly help soothe the pain of minor wounds. The gel helps create optimal healing conditions, reducing the likelihood of scarring.
Savlon Advanced Healing Gel can be used for dry or wet wound:
• In case of a dry wound Savlon Advanced Healing Gel turns the dry wound into a moist one (“hydrogel” effect). The dry wound absorbs the water contained in Savlon Advanced Healing Gel helping reduce the likelihood of scarring.
• In case of a wet wound, the hydrocolloid of Savlon Advanced Healing Gel is activated and consequently Savlon Advanced Healing Gel absorbs excessive fluid from the wound and restores the water balance in the wound (“hydrocolloid” effect).
Apply a small amount to the affected area and repeat the application as required, up to twice a day. For external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes, middle ear, meninges and other nervous tissues. If you experience any side effects or allergic reactions stop using immediately and seek medical advice.
Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients, Savlon Advanced Healing Gel contains purified water, Propylene glycol:humectant, Carbopol: viscosity enhancer, Cross linked CMS: Hydrocolloid particle that swell upon absorption, Tri ethanol amine: PH adjuster. While allergic reactions are rare stop using and seek medical help if you experience: difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, tongue or throat, dizziness, skin irritation or rash.
• For external use.
• Side-effects such as irritations or allergic reactions are rare.
• Do not use Savlon Advanced Healing Gel on the eyelids or in the eyes. If Savlon Advanced Healing Gel comes into contact with the eyes, rinse the eyes with running water and consult a doctor.
• On extensive weeping or infected wounds, consult a doctor before using Savlon Advanced Healing Gel because other complementary treatments might be necessary.
• If the wound becomes swollen, reddened or painful, or doesn’t start to heal within a few days seek medical advice.
• If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a doctor before using Savlon Advanced Healing Gel.
• Savlon Advanced Healing Gel is a sterile single use medical device. Re-use imposes a risk of infection.
• Please do not use in case of known sensitivity to Savlon Advanced Healing Gel or any of its ingredients.
Removing the gel
• Wash hands before and after removing Savlon Advanced Healing Gel.
• Savlon Advanced Healing Gel can be removed simply and painlessly with wet gauze.
Average rating 5.0 from 9 reviews
i love all savlon items this one is great
We have always used savlon products on our children we also use dry antiseptic spray a brilliant product
Savlon has always been my go to for most of the minor skin issues. This advanced healing gel is brilliant for blisters . My daughter had huge blisters on her heels and they healed very quickly.
Have used it for years and find it very effective.
This product was recommended to me by a dermatologist for its healing properties and I never use anything else
Very good would use it again l used it on my nose had spot kept scratching it pharmacy told. Me l needed steroid cream and it. Has cleared up completely
Our frequently asked questions
Find the answers to your questions about Savlon
Is Savlon suitable for use on children?
Savlon Antiseptic Cream and Savlon Advanced Healing Cream are suitable for use on children. Savlon Dual Action Gel and Savlon Bites & Stings Pain Relief Gel are suitable for children aged 12+.
Can Savlon be used internally?
No, all Savlon products are strictly for external use only and should not be used internally. Avoid contact with the eyes, middle ear, meninges and other nervous tissue.
What are the main uses of Savlon?
Savlon is a first aid treatment for minor wounds, burns and skin reactions. Our range of products can be used to help prevent infection in cuts, grazes, burns, scalds, shaving cuts, blisters, sores, insect bites and stings, chapped skin and spots.
Can Savlon Bites & Stings Pain Relief Gel be used on animal bites?
Savlon Bites & Stings Gel is not suitable for use on animal bites such as dog or cat bites but is an effective treatment for insect bites and stings, such as gnat bites or bee stings. If you have been bitten by an animal, please seek medical advice from your GP or local emergency department.
Will Savlon treat pain?
Savlon Bites & Stings Pain Relief Gel and Savlon Dual Action Gel can be effective in the treatment of pain as they contain anaesthetic to help relieve pain from minor wounds, burns and insect bites and stings.
Can Savlon prevent wounds or burns from leaving a scar?
Savlon Advanced Healing Gel contains hydro-active colloid gel to create optimal healing conditions to support the skins healing process and helps to reduce the likelihood of scarring.
Latest 'Savlon Guides'
Accidents happen unexpectedly and can be life-threatening without the right knowledge of those around.